The Mission of River Valley Counseling Center’s HIV/AIDS Project is to support those affected by HIV/AIDS and to promote community awareness of the issues surrounding HIV/AIDS.
RVCC provides comprehensive, bilingual and bi-cultural case management, mental health counseling, Peer support and other supportive services for HIV/AIDS positive people and their families at sites in Springfield and Holyoke.
The Project provides HIV/AIDS positive people:
- Information, assessment, and referral services
- Comprehensive, bilingual/bi-cultural case management for medical and social services
- Informational presentations on topics related to living with HIV
- Individual one-to-one HIV Peer Support and Outreach
- Access to mental health services
- Referral to certain HIV legal services
- An array of housing services, including housing search and advocacy, applications for rental assistance and homelessness prevention funds, assistance with applying for Low Income Housing, such as Section 8 and HIV/AIDS Project based subsidies
Offices are located in Springfield and Holyoke. For more information please contact us at (413) 737-2437.