Psychiatric Day Treatment Program Recovery
Psychiatric Day Treatment services are designed to help individuals recover by improving their social skills, level of connectedness to family and the community, and overall level of functionality. They encourage self-advocacy by assisting with integration into the community and by beginning or reestablishing their recovery and rehabilitation process. The service model includes peer led groups and/or peer supports along with a structured and supportive treatment community to help each individual move forward in their journey toward recovery.
About Psychiatric Day Treatment
Day Treatment provides multi-disciplinary intensive care to people with acute and persistent mental illness. Clients served by this program are experiencing an unstable or acute phase of their illness. These clients require more support than can be provided at weekly or biweekly outpatient counseling sessions. The program is strength-based, trauma sensitive and goal driven with treatment focused on reclaiming lost hopes, dreams and capabilities in a supportive and empowering way.
Psychiatric Day Treatment Service Components
- Comprehensive assessments
- Treatment planning
- Case management
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Coaching and mentoring by staff and peers
- Symptom management
- Skills building
- Skills building to return to work
- Tracking of progress toward reaching treatment goals
- Peer-led groups and/or peer support
- Treatment for co-occurring substance use disorders
- Crisis prevention planning and intervention
- Coordination of services delivery with collateral providers, partners, families and natural supports
- Multi-disciplinary team meetings and consultation
- Discharge planning
A multi-disciplinary team of experts provide a continuum of comprehensive, innovative treatment and recovery services. This Psychiatric Day Treatment program uses Evidence-Based Best Practices including Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Recovery, Strength Based, Psycho Educational, and Prevocational methods.
In addition, providers are required to measure patient outcomes and to integrate these outcomes into quality improvement initiatives. Over time, consistent evaluation improves the services delivered in The Psychiatric Day Treatment Program.
Referral Sources Include but Are Not Limited to:
- Self referrals
- From any level of psychiatric care—as a step-up or a step-down service
- From within or outside the local service area
- From recovery learning communities and clubhouses
- From state agencies (e.g. DMH, DDS, DCF, etc.)
- From emergency service programs
- From courts and probation
With the goal of helping individuals live as independently as possible, the Psychiatric Day Treatment Program promotes the development of coping and problem solving skills so that each individual learns how to take more responsibility for managing his or her life.
To Schedule an Intake:
Phone: (413) 540-1234
Printable PDF Brochure